Friday, February 12, 2016

Lab 16.5 Red Pencil

      In this lab, we use Flash CS6 to create flash generated vector pencils from an imported bitmap pencil image. Like how it was just said, we simply use the vector tools as well as the pen tool, and the color tools from Flash CS6 to create 2 pencils, one red pencil and one in its original color (yellow) according to this image from the internet (http://weknowyourdreamz.com/images/pencil/pencil-06.jpg).

      First, I cropped the white spaces out of this bitmap to make it much more easier to work with in Flash CS6. Then I created a rectangle similar to the size the the body of the pencil. I use the pen tool to add a point at the left side of the body so there is a triangle in the leg with represent where the lead should be. I added two more triangles with the same height of the first one on the right side of the body as the silver part and the eraser of the pencil and made a little curve to it. I used the paint bucket tool to color in each according to its original color using the eyedropper tool. And to make it look more realistic as there are some brighter and darker spots, I made a light somewhere 3/5 above the bottom of the pencil for the body and the triangle part, and colored it with a lighter shade of its original color. And for the silver part, I just create a gradient of white and grey, and rotated it 90 degrees to fit to that area with the effect I wanted. Last, I used the pen tool to randomly curve the border between the body and the triangle, because this is how sharpeners make it look like.


http://techteach.us/DD2015/HJiahua/Labs/Lab16.5/LB16.5_Jiahua_DD.html

No comments:

Post a Comment