Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Hour of Code

      After the Hour of Code last year during my 2 year of high school, we had so much fun and have learned much from it. So this year, our class decided to participate in this event again. During these time, we even had people we are professional at the technology field to talk to us about all the  thing in the field and all about programming. They have thought us a lot and have helped us to understand many of the things relating to the process of being such successful people such as they are. In this year, we will be participating the HOC event from Codecademy. We learned about both html, css, and also java script that we were never been taught yet. We need to complete the "Animate Your Name"
tutorial that teaches java script, the "About You" tutorial that teaches you about simple html script, and the "Sun, Earth, and Code" about css scripts. After the tutorials are completed, we were ask to copy all of the codes from the tutorial and create a webpage consisting all those elements. 

      This was a very amazing experience learning from these tutorials, I have learned many thing I never knew, and it is only now that I have realized that there are so many sources online that can teach you about coding in a very precise way. After I have completed the tutorials, I created three file in Dreamweaver, a html, a css, and a java script file. I have copied all the codes into my files accordingly to its types. Then I began to changing thing, troubleshooting, and decorating the webpage. I have change the the the background into one of my creation and the image into myself and changed the color of the button. Then I made the sun and earth smaller and changed its place on the website. But since the code was very complex, it took very long to have it the way I wanted, and it's still not perfect. After it had been sure that everything worked after troubleshooting, we upload it as one of the labs we have did during this class.

http://techteach.us/DD2015/HJiahua/Labs/HOC/HOC_Jiahua.html

No comments:

Post a Comment