Sunday, April 10, 2016

Trip 2: Armory Track

      Just the next week after the trip to New York Historical Society, we headed to the Armory Track where they had a huge large scale CS fair. There were so many large technology related companies colleges there. This trip was provided to the sophomores and juniors of the web design academy as well as the juniors of the apple academy. It was my first time having a trip with the apple academy where some of my very good friends are, so I was rather exited. But as of a result of around 120 students taking the subway, it was really not a good experience. We were required to dress up for this event, so I even went shopping for this. We were also told to create our resume and seek for internship during this event.

      After we have arrived to our destination, we had to wait quit a while outside of the building, standing, in lines. There were just so many people attending to this event. When we finally got in, we were provided lunch, so we ate first, then we began to go on the tracks to look around. What caught my attention right away was the gear vr headset the Verge was providing to let people to test out. I love the idea of virtual reality, I currently have a google cardboard, and was very exited to see the comparison between the two. There was quiet lots of people on the line, so I waited. After so long waiting, I watched a 360 degrees video of an interview if Michelle Obama with the gear vr. It was cool, immersive, and comfortable, but not as good as I expected it to be. I have also talked to the representative of Columbia University about some of the things that this University want from a student. I later on visited other places as well and after a awkward encounter, I kind of went back waiting to leave. I was also somewhat shy, so I didn't succeeded at getting a internship.


No comments:

Post a Comment