Friday, March 11, 2016

CTE EXPO 2016

      The CTE ExPo is a event held by the Web Design Academy and the Video Production Academy to show the new comers of the school about our CTE academy, what they will be learning if they join, and why should they join these academy.  I am a student of Web Design class of 2017 . And I was one of the host of period 2, period 3, and period 4 along with some of the other students in the Web Design class. I chose these periods because in period 2 and 3, I have this class anyway, and period 4, I have weight room, since I am sort of dressed up, it's too difficult to change to gym appropriate outfit. In the room, all the business card project boards that the 10th grades completed are placed on the table in the middle, and the juniors and the seniors have our websites on the computers. And I prepared my website on a computer and ready to go.


      In period two, I prepared myself a little, and as the freshmen came in, me and my classmate welcomed all of them and started to show them what we did. I was a little sleepy in the morning, I wasn't really energetic, so I didn't really tried to introduce myself much at first
. I have only talked to a few students at first and not many of them seemed interested to the website. I was showing mostly my favorite movie project, my favorite favorite teacher project, and my respect for all project. I was trying to see if any of them have Ms. Ha's class, and were interested to see my website that is about her. And it worked, few of them came to see Ms. Ha, and some were surprised that she had long hair, others were surprised by her amazing art talent and desirable education in Columbia University, and some were surprised in how young she looked. During the 3rd  period, a student that I recently know came and brought a few of his friends, and we talked a lot, almost about all the projects that I did, and even some of the work for my classmates (shown in this image above).

In the 4th period, Mr. Rollon came with his class, he was my English teacher during my 9th grade, he was a really nice teacher, so I showed him my website. Later on, Ms. Sakhno, which is my English teacher for now came, so I showed my website to them as well. Both really liked my animation in my respect for all project. The result was really good, everyone seems to be enjoying and some freshmen seems to be interested in our academy, which is our goal for this event, and I felt like I did much more better than last year.








No comments:

Post a Comment